Friday, September 4, 2009

What's happening to America?

We are living in troubling times right now. It's hard for me to grasp what the government is spending, doing and trying to change. It appears to me that they are acting out for their own best interests, following their lust for power and money, and could care less about the citizens of this country. I'm proud of the Americans that have been standing up and asking questions, speaking their minds, and expressing their concerns at the town hall meetings. What's unbelievable is the treatment of our government employees towards these people. I mean really - we're stupid, we're ignorant, we know nothing about economics...especially at the government level (which is so much different than how it works for regular Joe's or other businesses). Seriously? For instance, if I thought is was true to spend more money and go into debt to create wealth, then I would have run up my credit cards a long time ago.

I appreciate anyone (like Glenn Beck) who brings stuff to our attention and in a way that we can understand. Of course, they are getting crucified for being nut jobs when actually they are just passionate about making sure all Americans are informed and understand what's going on. In my opinion, if you want to find some real nuts, you don't have to look any farther than Washington DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment